Much like clothing fashions, your home décor can become very outdated if you don’t take some steps to refresh it every few years. When considering a change, explore current fashion trends and focus on colors, metal finishes and fabrics for a bit of inspiration!
Here are 8 simple things you can do to update the look of your home:
1. Paint over accent walls. For a cleaner, more streamlined look, choose a light, neutral paint color and paint the room one color. You will find that this will also make your rooms look larger! Benjamin Moore’s Color of the Year, Guilford Green is a beautiful neutral. CLICK HERE
2. Add more lighting. The trend now is cleaner lines and simple shades, so say goodbye to your busy, beaded lamps! Add a beautiful ceiling fixture and new, sleek lamps to add dimension, light and coziness to the room! How about this ceiling fixture from Curry and Company? CLICK HERE
3. Add new pillows. For an extra pop of color, this is the perfect ‘easy accent.’ You can change these every so often without incurring too much expense – and it will help to complete a room with newly neutralized walls!
4. Rearrange your furniture. Create friendly conversation areas and think about the people who will be using the space. How will they interact? What will be the most comfortable for the whole family?
5. De-clutter your home. Less is more, clean and simplistic is always the way to go, so purge small chachkes, and useless knick-knacks! Go with less, but larger scale accessories – and be sure to choose items with flair, personality and color!
6. Take down your old, dreary drapes. Swags and jabots and valances need to go! Instead, use blinds and window shades like the Hunter Douglas Silhouette’s, Vignette’s or woven shades with simple side panels and multi-functioning visibility. Their quarterly rebates make it worth your while and your wallet! CLICK HERE
7. Add personal touches. How about a travel wall? Framed photo collages and artwork from various destinations will keep your memories alive, as well as engage and delight your visitors!
8. Purchase new artwork or a large mirror. There are many affordable options today when buying new artwork for your home. Choose larger pieces that pull together the colors in a room, or go with neutral tones for a cleaner, more refined look. When placing a mirror, choose a spot that will reflect sun light and open up a room! Here’s one of my favorites! CLICK HERE
So there you go…8 simple ways to refresh and revamp your space in 2015!